Upcoming Events and Information
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH GROUP ALERT
SEPTEMBER 6, 2020
We have been having some disturbing things happening in Timberlake recently. We
would appreciate your vigilance in watching out for your neighbors. If you see suspicious
vehicles/persons, please try to get as much information as you can, ie: description/color
of vehicle/license plate number. Please provide this information to either Mary
Jo Wallen at 783-
1. A house in the front part of the development (Cibola) was broken into by breaking a large window and jimmied a door.
2. Another house was supposedly broken into in the middle and edge of the development next to National Forest (McKinley) , but we have not been able to verify with a police report.
3. Several reports have been coming in where they think houses are being “cased” in several areas of the development.
4. Yesterday evening a landowner left their lime green Ocean kayak hidden in the weeds (Common land) down by the old boat dock area at the lake around 6 p.m. When they went back this morning to use their kayak, it was gone. It was reported that at least 5 ATV’s and 2 SUV’s were in the area after 6 p.m. and a pickup truck was seen going in and out of the lake area after dark…presumably to steal the kayak. Since only landowners are supposed to have a lake gate key, it is incredibly sad to imagine that a fellow landowner stole property.
5. Complaints are received weekly about kids riding ATV’s extremely fast down all the roads and no helmets are worn. So far, no serious injuries have been reported, but do you want your child to be the first?
6. Another landowner reported that slash has been thrown into their yard (lives right off Timberlake). All landowners are asked to take their slash to the burn pile.
7. A dark colored vehicle with rear spoiler has been seen and heard racing Timberlake Road coming in and out of the development. If there is a landowner who owns this type of a vehicle, would you please let us know so we do not report it as a “suspicious vehicle”.
There will be no questions asked if the lime green kayak is returned. Please call
Mary Jo at 783-
Zuni Announcements in descending chronological order
Communiqué from New Mexico Department of Game and Fish 8/2/2020
Subject: Timberlake Subdivision
We have met with the association before on bears, cougars and other information at your community center. It has come to our attention recently that occupants have had trouble with a bear in bird feeders. Officer Lackey will be dealing with it as it pops up. We need help with getting the word out about bear concerns. Mostly situations with bears eating food set out for birds, squirrels, deer etc. Can you please inform the occupants that we try are hardest to not move bears for getting into bird feeders. We have even cited individuals that continue to set out bird seed during bear conflicts. We can not move a bear in the State of New Mexico to suitable habitat that doesn't already have bears. This creates a higher mortality rate for the bears, meaning either the bear we move or the bears that are already there will be pushed to lesser quality habitat through territorial behavior, hit on highways or killed by other bears. "A fed bear is a dead bear" is a cliche statement you've probably heard but its very true when it comes to the bear's future. There is no reason biologically to feed birds this time of year and it only leads to bears escalating bad behavior. I know its fun to see different bird species utilizing the feeder but its not worth it when it attracts bears. Please help us spread the word to your association, to at least temporarily remove any bird seed, hummingbird feeders etc. as they are creating a nuisance by attracting bears and acclimating them to the neighborhood in a negative way. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at the number below.
Sergeant Jeremy Smith
Estancia, Belen, Grants, Gallup Supervisory District
New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
7816 Alamo Rd. NW
Albuquerque, NM 87120
Porch Remodel Underway
Have you noticed some building material in the Ranch House parking lot? Yes, we are finally starting the porch remodel. Construction will begin Monday, June 8th 2020 and go through most of August 2020. Yellow tape will be put up to isolate the building site for landowner safety. Please do not cross the yellow tape line. I know it will be hard not to do, especially from a curiosity perspective. Building material will be laying around, loose boards, and footer holes are just a few of the hazardous conditions. So please respect the yellow line.
Steven Wills, TRLA president
The Annual Labor Day Social Event Has Been Cancelled
Unfortunately, the Annual Labor Day Social Event is being cancelled due mainly to
the continued status of COVID-
The Latest COVID-
Timberlake Alert -
TRLA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
(ATTENDANCE NOT RESTRICTED)
TRLA RANCH HOUSE – 10 A.M.
SEPTEMBER 19, 2020
Call to Order
Approval of Minutes from August 15, 2020
Treasurer’s Report (Steve S.)
Liens and Foreclosures Report (Mary Ann)
Roads Report (Don)
Architectural/Maintenance Report (Steve W.)
Commons Report (Charley)
Communications Report (Shirl)
1. Neighborhood Watch organization update.
2. Ranch House porch remodel.
3. Forest Management Sub-
4. TRLA Phone Line Improvement Committee
5. Recording Water Usage updates
6. Timberlake Road Signs – McKinley County
7. Cycle Bar Mower discussion.
1. Fire Department notices.
1. Liens and foreclosures status.
2. CC&R violation status.
Timberlake Ranch is now on Facebook
Helpful Hints using the website: If you have trouble seeing or selecting an item
from one of the drop-
Updated webpages are sometimes not presented by your browser if you have “caching” selected in the browser options. To “refresh” the page’s changed content, click on your F5 key when viewing the page in question. This is not unique to the TRLA website.
The history of Timberlake Ranch
Timberlake Ranch Equipment Building construction project (7/10/2017)
Restoration & Renovation of the Ranch House (5/16/2017)
Timberlake Ranch has keys!!!Keys, many and they actually work. Just wanted to share.
Forms are on the website. Call Steve Wills 505-
Posting on Criminal Trespass posted August 2016 (from page 33 of the NM Hunting Rules
& Info Pamphlet for 2016-
Newly updated and more inclusive information on:
Emergency Evacuation & Neighborhood Watch topics
Please be diligent with your projects, your surroundings and your environment.
Remember: be safe and if you "See Something say Something"
If you see smoke call 911 and report its location.
Book Room is closed due to construction.
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
ALWAYS call 911 first with any emergency and give the operator the County you live in and then Timberlake subdivision north of Ramah, NM. We are in District 55 for fire emergencies.
The Timberlake Volunteer Fire Department is asking for your cooperation in not using the cut across through their parking lot to Wolf Road from the mailboxes. This has become a major safety issue for fire equipment/personnel and includes all vehicles such as cars, trucks, ATVs and UTVs.
The WELL is open for the 2020 calendar year season
The BURN PILE IS OPEN EFFECTIVE MARCH 23, 2020
Special note to visitors of this web site: If you are having trouble viewing a link
or a changed link (true for any website) hit your “F5” key on your keyboard, which
“refreshes” the page you are viewing, that contains that link. Even better, clear
your browsing history -
Forest Mitigation Sub-
For information on Fire Mitigation click on Fire Mitigation button
Please register by clicking on the link above for your county (Cibola or McKinley) so that you will automatically be notified of fire/evacuation info by the incident/unified command personnel. The alert can go to a land line, cell or email. All types of emergencies (ie: amber alerts, power outages, etc.) are also included. This system is the most efficient and quick way of communicating to all landowners.